Our commitment to your privacy. We respect your right to privacy and your right to view and update your personal information which we hold about you. We are committed to protecting your privacy when you visit our sites or contact us in any way.
Your personal information
Collecting your personal information for member services. Most of our services can only be accessed by becoming a member. If you access any of our member services, you will need to provide us with certain personal information, including:
• Your name
• Your email address
• If you sign up for a subscription or newsletter
• Your residential or postal address
• Your contact telephone number(s)
Collectively, this is known as "your personal information"
Using your personal information
We collect and use your personal information to:
• Supply what you want or give you the access you need
• Administration for your booking
• Tell you about our new services or specials.
Changing your personal informationYou have the right to view and change any personal information we hold about you at any time. You can do this by contacting us directly. We do not publicly display any other personal information anywhere.
Disclosing your personal information
We will not sell or rent your personal information to any third party.
• Improve our sites (for example, identify and promote popular reports).
• Provide you with more targeted information (for example, personalised emails based on what you’ve viewed on our website).
Third party cookies and other technologies: we use third party cookies and other technologies for marketing purposes and to gather website analytics.
• Remarketing: we use third party cookies – such as Google Analytics cookies – to keep track of the reports you’re interested in and remarket them to you when you leave our site (as a result, you may see ads from Consumer NZ when you visit other websites).
• Impression reporting: we use web beacons to estimate the number of users that have viewed and clicked on our advertisements (as a result, we’re able to gauge the success of a campaign).
• You can opt out of Google Analytics without affecting how you visit our site. For more information on opting out of being tracked by Google Analytics please visit this page.
• You can also ask your browser to delete or block third party cookies: simply search online for “cookies” + the name of your internet browser (for example, “Google Chrome”) for step-by-step instructions.
If you have made a booking over our website, we may contact you to:
• Clarify details about your booking
• Advise you of changes to our services
• Respond to any enquiries you make
• Provide any information necessary for the operation and security of our siteEmail communications All new Ahipara Adventure Centre clients are opted in to receive email marketing communications. You may choose to remove yourself from any email newsletter by following the "unsubscribe" prompt at the bottom of each email or by updating your preferences in your My Consumer profile.
Links to other websites
Our websites provide links to other websites when we consider you may be interested in the contents of those sites. We do not endorse any third party sites or their content and we have no control over the conduct of the companies or organisations operating those sites.
Before you disclose any personal information to another site, we advise you to check its terms and conditions, including its privacy and security policies.